The Information We Gather
NGenious may gather three types of information about our users:
- Non-personally identifiable information: When visitors come to our website, we may collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of the website were visited, the order in which they were visited and which hyperlinks were "clicked." Collecting such information may involve the logging of the IP addresses, operating system and browser software used by each visitor to the NGenious website. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from an IP address a visitor's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity. We may also use "cookies" - that is, small text files placed on a user's computer hard drive - to help us determine the type of content and sites to which a visitor to the NGenious site links, the length of time each visitor spends at any particular area of the NGenious site and the NGenious site visitors choose to use. Essentially, cookies are a visitor's identification card for the NGenious computers, or servers that placed them there. Our cookies are only read by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus. Cookies allow us to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience at our website. Nevertheless, you should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. For more information on how to do so, please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser. If you continue to use the NGenious site, we'll assume you are happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website.
- Personally identifiable information: NGenious may gather personally identifiable information on a subscription form. Subscribers may choose to “opt in” to receive newsletters, updates or promotional materials from NGenious. If you fill in one of our registration forms from the United States or Canada, NGenious will not release any personally identifiable registration information regarding you to third parties without your prior consent. If you reside outside of the United States or Canada, NGenious may sells its products through Partnet/Distributors. NGenious may forward your inquiry to a partner/distributor that best matches your location and interests. If you do not wish to be contacted from a certified NGenious Reseller, please feel free to forward any correspondence you receive to firstname.lastname@example.org and just indicate you would prefer to work with us directly. If you decide that you would like to discontinue receiving newsletters, updates or promotional materials from NGenious and/or its business partners, please contact us at email@example.com
- When installing our products, collecting information is either automatic, or requires an activation. In the case of automatic registration, the product will send information as to the license key, server information and other required information. If a manual activation is required, this information is required to be transmitted to us for validation and a return of an authorization key. Information gathered is only for use in license validation.Paid products that offer the option for providing usage information or customer experience are opt-out, and will only provide generic product usage information. When you participate, we collect basic information about how you use your programs, your computer or device, and connected devices. We may also collect information about how each is set up and performing. These reports help us to improve the features our customers use most often and to create solutions to common problems. Use of free products automatically provide usage information as to the operation of the product.
How We Use (And Do Not Use) The Information We Gather.
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways NGenious uses the information that it gathers. Keep in mind that, while NGenious encourages all third parties with whom it deals – including but not limited to its business partners – to adhere to our policies regarding the privacy of our visitors and to otherwise handle personal information in a responsible manner, we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties. Nevertheless, in the event that you encounter any third party associated with, or who claims association with, NGenious who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact us; we will be happy to forward your message to the third party.
- Non-personally identifiable information: We use non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful products by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the NGenious website. We may provide statistical information based on this data to current and potential business partners. The NGenious website may contain links to other Internet websites or documents contained therein, including sites which may or may not be owned or operated by NGenious. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites’ use of any information (such as IP address, browser type or operating system) collected when visitors to the NGenious website click through links to those sites. Even though such information might not identify you personally, we strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of those sites.
- Personally identifiable information: NGenious may gather personally identifiable information on a subscription form. subscribers may choose to “opt in” to receive newsletters, updates or promotional materials from NGenious. NGenious will not release any personally identifiable registration information regarding you to third parties without your prior consent. If you decide that you would like to discontinue receiving newsletters, updates or promotional materials from NGenious and/or its business partners, please contact us. Also, NGenious may use subscribers’ data to “pre-populate” forms which are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by NGenious and/or its business partners. In no case does pre-populating a form automatically transfer any data to NGenious or any third party. Only if a user voluntarily requests that such data be transferred will any transfer take place – for example, if/when a user clicks a “submit form” button or other button. We reserve the right to release information contained within our access logs concerning any visitor when that visitor is in violation of our Terms of Service or other published guidelines, or engages (or is reasonably suspected of engaging) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant or other court order, and to release such information in response to court and governmental orders, civil subpoenas, discovery requests and as otherwise required by law. We cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who may be using our servers or services for illegal activities. We also reserve the right to report any suspected illegal activity to law enforcement individuals or entities for investigation or prosecution.
Deleting Personal Information; Business Transfers.